- May 9, 2017
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Blog
Planning on buying a domain name for your new website? Use our helpful step-by-step guide and discover how to find the right domain!
How to Find the Ideal Domain Name
Choosing the right domain name for your new website is a challenging process. Even though there are many domain name registrars available online and so many cheap domains, finding the perfect domain can be a real hassle. While finding the ideal combination or words or characters is challenging, it is not impossible, especially if you use our step-by-step guide. By following our step-by-step guide you will be able to find the perfect name.
Step-By-Step Guide: 5 Steps to Follow
Our step-by-step guide will help you find the domain name you want in a few minutes:
- Use Relevant Keywords – You should keep in mind that one of the best indicators of the effectiveness of a certain domain name is whether you give a clue to the type of content your visitors can expect to find on the website. You need a domain that includes keywords related to your business, the industry your business is involved in or the products or services you are selling.
- Keep it Short – You need to choose a domain name that is simple and short. The short domain names are easy to remember, easy to pronounce, and easy to type.
- Consider Alternative Top-Level Domains – You surely have a list of domain possibilities and we suppose that most of them come with .com suffix. Even though we can’t blame you for this as .com is the most used suffix, you can try and consider alternative top-level domains as well such as .org or .biz.
- Don’t Make Rash Decisions – We know that you want to establish an online presence as soon as possible but that does not mean that you need to buy domain right now. You need to stay patient as finding the perfect domain takes time. You may find it in 2 hours or in 2 weeks.
- Consider Social Network Availability – You surely don’t want to buy a domain name and find that it is already taken on social media. Before buying a certain domain, check if that same name is available on the social networks.
As long as you use these 5 steps you will be able to find the perfect domain name for your website.